Thursday, November 8, 2007

Randomish Babble

It snowed on Monday. Our first hard frost and first snow in one day. Covered everything in a blanket of white for an hour then melted off. Everything is wet like Seattle right now. It'll be slicker than snot if ever really gets down to freezing.

Some of us teachers are finally planning a Prague trip. Two or three weeks out it looks like. Some of us teachers are also departing. Seems owners/management are not all that supportive in the face of problem 'clients.' (Note: for the previous sentence I am not 'some.') Cat and Emma have been forced to live in the crappy place or they face a 30% pay cut AND having to pay for their own housing. Therefore Cat, Garith, and Nick as a house is out. Also out is Garith, Nick, and lout named Joe (sadly he's also from Seattle). New theory: Maria and I are going to live together. I've been threatened with Greek cooking and mothering. My defenses quail under teh twin assault. It doesn't hurt that we get along and enjoy making fun of each other. Thank you all for the support and advice on recent housing topics.

On other topics: I discovered igoogle this week and am kind of impressed. I'm not much for productivity enhancing gadgets and fooferaw. Most of you know that I can't even keep up with a day planner for more than a couple months, but this is pretty neat. There are tons of little gadgets and gizmos that you can actually customize and mix around, instead of just getting to pick three options out of box or some such. You can put calendar (schedule), email, and references on one page, then make another for all the blogs you follow (several of you are on that page), and a third for your burgeoning webcomic addiction (unfortunately this is more RSS oriented, so some of the larger ones don't exactly translate in). Devin can have his endorphins, I need me some sarcasm and brightly colored pictures to start my day. Gary Larson, why hast thou forsaken us!?

1 comment:

J. said...

Nick,
Would you be willing to list some webcomics worth checking out in a future post? I have neglected the form.
Joe