Tuesday, February 12, 2008

With apologies to my adoring public...

Sorry for the unexplained and significant hiatus. Life was rough for awhile there and I didn't really have time/energy/focus enough to keep the blog going. I've told one or two of you that I don't really like short posts mixed in with giant ones (like I tend to have), but we've found a loophole: photos. I've finally gotten a decent camera here (Thanks, Mom & Dad!), so I can now document the wondrous, glorious, banal existence that is life in Brno. Expect lots of old buildings and graffiti. I've also decided to start reviewing some of the bars/pubs that I find myself frequenting, as well as the beer that is served there. I think we can expect at least one review, one graffiti, and one old building per week. Probably an actual written post as well, but no promises.

To those of you who wrote encouraging me to keep going, thank you. Especially, those of you that I haven't written back to yet.

I finally got a new house. It's part of a shared flat on Kopečna street, just downhill from the Cathedral. I'm in Stare Brno, i.e. Old Brno, the most ancient part of town. This puts me a five minute walk from the main train station and a fifteen minute walk from work, because I have to climb up and over.

This is the view from my front door.


This is taken from the top of those steps in the first picture. Yes, that is a sculpture on the grass roof, which tops my landlords' apartment. My window is the one on the left with the bars.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Go, Nick, Go!!

We'll look forward to the pix of the week--and reviews as they come along!

How funky & contemporary: grass roof with art!