Monday, February 18, 2008

On the road!

It's midwinter break around here, which means I have some time to travel. Budget and desire for some quiet time are keeping me here in the CR. I'm headed to Bohemia tomorrow morning with a couple of my teaching companions, Dave and Joe. We're going to Plzeň, home of the famous Plzeňský prazdroj aka Pilsner Urquell; Karlovy Vary, a trendy spa town where I'm told I will see Russian gangsters taking some time off; and Loket, a tiny medieval village with one of the few castles that are open to the public in the off-off season. Should be back by Thursday or Friday. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Devin said...

Hey, uh, don't get shot by Russian gangsters taking some time off. We would all really hate it if that happened.

Judith said...

Gee, thanks, Dev--give the rest of us something else to worry about! Hope you have another great travel adventure, Nick, with more pictures to share (NOT of gangsters!).
I really like the map with markers that accompany your pix & reviews from Brno--it's great!!

Anonymous said...

I want to see a gangster picture. Also want to see old tree pics maybe from cemeterys? jss

Anonymous said...

I would also like to see a gangster photo! Huzzah! ooooh, I've never seen a real live gangster before.