Monday, July 9, 2007

American TV ruling the world

American TV that's been dubbed and put onto one of the two Czech channels here:

The Sweetest Thing (Cameron Diaz)

30 minute advertising spot for The Holiday (Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet)

Police Academy 2

Monk

Lost

Goldeneye (Pierce Brosnan's only good James Bond flick)

CSI: NYC

Mind you, I put the TV on b/c I'm used to a lot more noise in my life and I'm also trying to get my ears trained for 'Czech' in terms of pattern and sound. This list is gleaned from maybe 6 hours over an entire week. And here's the capper:

Live Earth was playing as I went to bed last night. Kevin Bacon, KT Tunstall, and SPINAL TAP!, were all dubbed using this Czech woman who had the perfect NPR/BBC tone. The highlights were still playing this morning when I woke up. The Beastie Boys are fun to listen to, but they look like jackasses on stage.

No comments: